Friday, July 10, 2009

The Nest

I found Birdy's nest! If I had been any closer to it, it would have bitten me. It was just inside the big azalea bush near where I found Birdy. I don't know what made me see it today as opposed to any other day. But because of where I found Birdy, I am quite certain that was her nest. It was very well camouflaged and high enough so that Cheetah would not have been able to get to it. It was empty, which I consider a good sign, and it was sort of set on an angle. I don't know if the chicks did that as they got bigger and jumped out, or if it was built like that. It seemed pretty steady so I would guess it was built that way. The way it was structured it would have provided some protection if it rained, on top of the protection from the surrounding branches. So now I am pretty certan I put Birdy back in the right place and she practiced and flew away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me at http://twitter.com/PellMelanie

Now Reading (see bottom of page for completed and on deck titles)