Thursday, July 30, 2009

Emergent Foster Case

I don't know if I have ever mentioned that I am the Foster Coordinator for my rescue. I had sort of stepped back from it while I was dealing with Cheetah and the puppies, but I am dipping my toes back in.



Earlier today I got an email from one of our brand new fosters telling me that he was a little worried about Sadie. After going back and forth a bit I have learned that she can't stand up because her back legs are too shaky, and while she has been eating and drinking, she has not eliminated one time since he got her last night. She is also utterly terrified, and flinches like she has been abused. Although now I find out she is also blind in one eye, which can make a dog flinchy.



Foster doesn't have a car so I am picking him up at 5 to go to the vet. I am worried that she is in kidney failure. He also sent me some detailed pictures and I can see she has had puppies and it looks like she was spayed within the last month or so. This could be a complication from surgery. I will have a better sense of it once I see her in person. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Follow me at http://twitter.com/PellMelanie

Now Reading (see bottom of page for completed and on deck titles)