Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cheetah's adoption

Well, it sounds like all went really well and Daughter is super excited by her birthday surprise that Cheetah is coming to join her family. I have to admit I was a little worried that she might want a puppy instead or something along those lines. But PA tells me she is giddy with excitement. That makes me really happy - and I suppose really sad too because it solidifies everything. But knowing how excited they are and how much Cheetah is wanted and will be loved makes it a little easier. It is really nice to be able to tell PA what mixed feelings I have about all of this and not worry that it will put her off. She is very understanding and I appreciate it. It helps not to have to try to hide it.

We are going for a visit tomorrow. I have been prepping Cheetah with a car harness the last couple of days. She doesn't love it, but she also doesn't bark her head off in the car! That is pretty bonus. Anyway I will let you know how it goes.

Happy birthday to Daughter!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Mel and Cheetah. Happy birthday PA's daughter! you're getting a wonderful, sweet dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{{Melanie}}}}

    I can't comment. This is too emotional for me and I've never even met Cheetah or you.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me at http://twitter.com/PellMelanie

Now Reading (see bottom of page for completed and on deck titles)