Friday, July 17, 2009

Mouse Update 7.17.09

I asked Mouse's owners if she had been spayed yet to clarify gender. It popped into my head last night.

They responded:
Don't worry - you'll be one of the first to know when the gender is clarified. The deed will be done in a couple of weeks.... She's doing great. We did go away for a week and had to board her. We took her to [a] Pet Resort which is actually nicer then some hotels that [husband] and I have stayed in! She did fine and we were told that she was a staff favorite. When we picked her up, everyone seemed to know her (we decided to take that as a good thing). My plan in the future is to have my parents watch her but we were going away for their wedding anniversary so they were with us...I know I promised you pictures but all the good ones of her have one of the kids in it so they aren't postable - or they're of her sleeping (which really isn't a good representation of our Mouse). I'll work on it and see if she'll stand still long enough for a photo shoot. I think [son] has some good ones on his camera. She sits on his lap in the morning while he does facebook and when he's not here she climbs in the chair and sits in front of the computer by herself. Maybe I need to open her an account - she's probably technologically smarter then me already! What a goofy and affectionate dog we have. She probably makes me laugh a hundred times a day. We talked to a trainer the other day and even he was laughing at her...Hope Cheetah is close to her forever home. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

* * *

Mel says:
That part about FaceBook is hysterical! It reminds me of when I was little, I had this poodle named Choux-Choux ("shoe-shoe") and when my dad would mow the lawn we would pretend he was a monster and sneak up on him and then run away. One time he had the dog out without me while he was mowing the lawn and she stalked the lawnmower by herself! Because that's what you do when someone mows the lawn! LOL!! So that particularly tickles me about Mouse.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! Love the story of Mouse sitting in front of the son's laptop! I bet if Mouse had fingers instead of paws, she would figure out how to use the computer! ;-) That's one smart little pup! So glad to read that Mouse is still full of fun and silliness. She was always so entertaining to watch on the cam. {{{Mouse}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gently tapping fingers on desk*

    Still waiting for the Mouse pictures to appear! ;-)

    Oooooohhhhh MOUSE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me at http://twitter.com/PellMelanie

Now Reading (see bottom of page for completed and on deck titles)