Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cuddlebug first night 9.16.09

Good Morning Melanie

After we went to the basement when you guys were leaving she came up right away looking up for you, she went upstairs, downstairs, upstairs again, so I a got a toy and a few treats for her to calm her down so we went to the backyard to play for a while. Then she had dinner around 7:00.

She barked at [husband] for a while but later on she started getting a little close to him. She is really playful, so [husband] played with her for a while and she got more comfortable.

She was OK until 8:00 pm, after that she started making this soft crying and just going close to the door like she wanted to leave, so we took her for a soft walk (we changed the collar) just for her to see and get familiar with the area, after the walk she calm a little bit.

The only unexpected incident is that by the time we went to sleep, she wanted to sleep on my bed, she jumped on and got a little aggressive when I asked her to come down, she kind of wanted to bite me, I got her down, and she jumped again trying to stay in my bed and trying to bite me in a more aggressive matter.

So I brought her blanket next to my bed but she still wasn't happy, by the time we turn the light off, she walked around our bed and suddenly I smell something funny, she poop twice around the bed.

=-(

I assumed she was upset and it was her way to complain, so I clean up, show her what she did I said it was wrong what she did and I went back to sleep (she knew she did wrong because her face was kind of guilty, expecting to be punished, but as I told you I do not hit dogs... so we went back to the room), she sleep next to my bed, she woke up about every two hrs almost all night, so I had to pamper her a little bit for her to relax and get back to sleep.

This morning we took a walk, a longer walk, (I needed to see how much walking does she need for her to be relaxed while I go to work) she did great! when we came back home she sleep for about an hour, now she is getting a little more active so we will be getting for another walk in about an hr.

Another thing is that sometimes she cries softly, I guess she miss you guys, to many changes for a really short period. I hope she really feel better soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me at http://twitter.com/PellMelanie

Now Reading (see bottom of page for completed and on deck titles)