Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cool thing 6.25.09

So I doubt I have ever mentioned before that I struggle with depression. As such, I have a high intensity full spectrum light. Long story short, I took a sick day today and wasn't in the best shape when Dan got home from work. So he went and got us take out and we sat on the couch and watched bad TV and he flipped on the light box. Now, when this light box is on, it looks like there is a mad scientist performing experiments in our house. This thing is BRIGHT. It is currently located in our basement, where we have our primary family room. Our basement is a raised basement and we have large windows. So we are sitting on the couch watching TV with the light box blaring and I look up and there is a face in the window not 10 feet away!!! I managed to keep my wits about me enough not to shriek or make any sudden movements. I said in as calm a voice as I could manage, "Dan, there is a fox in the window right next to you right now!!!" This little guy (or girl, I couldn't tell) was extremely interested in what we were doing. He almost seemed like he was trying to get in! We sat there looking at each other for at least a full minute before he moved on. He was very neat looking and I was really curious what made him so interested in us. Maybe the light, because it is like sunlight. Anyway, it lifted my spirits a little and was really cool, so I thought I would share.

4 comments:

  1. My brother has a fox family in his back yard. My sister went over and took some pictures the babies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet!! We seem to have bunnies, foxes and deer. It is pretty cool. I haven't seen any babies yet though - that would be so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised Swiffer didn't see the fox and react. I'm sure Cheetah would have loved to chase it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes. Swiffer was snoozing in "her bedroom" and Cheetah was upstairs because she was having some issues controlling her urge to hunt the kitty. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Follow me at http://twitter.com/PellMelanie

Now Reading (see bottom of page for completed and on deck titles)