Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cheetah potential owner

OK so this woman who is interested in Cheetah asked me some good questions that made me think she is interested in the well being of the dog, and that she knows what she is doing. So behind the intense sadness and continual lump in my throat, I feel a little bit of excitement reminiscent of when I would find the right owner for one of the puppies. I am realizing that I can let her go if it is to the right place. So I simply will not be letting her go until I am convinced I have found that. I guess I was sort of hoping that would be in 15 or 16 years and oops, I kept her for her entire life. But honestly, if I have to let her go (and I am told I do) I need it to be soonish. I can't take the roller coaster and constant anticipation of losing her anymore. It's too much. :'-(

1 comment:

  1. (((MEL))), You know you want the best for Cheetah, and we know she'd thrive with you, but then you couldn't continue fostering and helping all those other dogs in dire need. I hope this new lady is THE right person for Cheetah. As for the gas...too bad it can't be contained and run as fuel! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Follow me at http://twitter.com/PellMelanie

Now Reading (see bottom of page for completed and on deck titles)