Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Swiffer update 8.12.09

The vet did and said pretty much exactly what I did. It just took them 3 hours to see us. boo! He prescribed some rimadyl, which is an anti inflammatory and pain killer. If she doesn't improve by the beginning of next week we will do some x-rays. But neither he nor I saw enough of a need to sedate her to do that at this point, since there is no palpable break, dislocation or unnatural movement or swelling of joints. She seemed a little less stiff this morning so the rimadyl must be helping.

Something funny I noticed last night at the vet. Since I sat there for 3 hours I got to know the other patients (I also brought Promise of the Wolves to read, which I would recommend.) In my job as a recruiter I am lucky if I remember a person's name until they walk out the door. But right now I could tell you the name, breed and age of every dog and cat in that waiting room last night. I also got to have a rare sighting of a Leonberger! They are HUGE and very cool dogs. The owner was impressed that I knew what it was, but my sister-in-law had been looking into Leo pups so I had done the research. :-)

pic = Swiffer at about 10 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me at http://twitter.com/PellMelanie

Now Reading (see bottom of page for completed and on deck titles)