Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mocha update 8.6.09

Mocha report for August 6th, 2009.


Last night I took Mocha to PetCo for the first time. We went there to get her a new bag of puppy food and to let her see the place when it wasn’t packed. It’s less than 2 miles from our house, so it’s a quick trip. That store often gets insane during the day, so we went in 40 minutes before they closed.


Mocha LOVED it! She was so excited to go in thru the big lighted automatic doors. She even liked the parking lot with all the cars! When we got in I could see her nose working overtime as she took in every smell in the place. I’ll bring her back again soon for something and we’ll do a bit more exploring around. Maybe spend some time looking at rabbits and the like.


Of course there was one couple in there who instantly became infatuated with her at first glance. J They asked if she was an Aussie, which impressed me. As always, Mocha LOVED the attention and petting! The cashier gave her a cookie, which was well appreciated.


She was very well behaved throughout the trip, and really enjoyed it. This is great, because it’s one of the few places I can bring her in to a retail type location and it’s just fun. I’m sure we’ll be in there when it’s crowded at some point, and now I’m confident that she will do well. Now if I could only find a BAR close to home where I could bring her…


Last night I also gave her the monthly heartworm pill and Frontline treatment, so I want to keep her out of the pool today to let it soak in. Not sure if that is important or not, but it’s just one day, plus it’s cloudy today. We’ll find other things to do, maybe a longer than usual walk.


Mocha’s puppy school instructor is currently in the hospital after some kind of issue a week ago, and there was only one more week of class anyway, so I guess she’s now done with puppy school. Hopefully Sue the instructor will be OK.


This frees up Monday evenings to walk over to the softball field on the campus at my work, on the walking paths across the street from our house. This Monday we walked over and watched some friends playing from a couple of the work league teams. She liked that a lot, especially when people stopped and petted her, but during the game itself she was enjoying watching some deer off to the side much more than the game. We stayed 30-40 minutes and left after she got bored and started rolling around and chewing on me. A good time though.


She is now over 40 lbs. and still growing. I rescheduled her spay appointment to September 15th, since I have that week off from work and I can stay with her the whole week when she will need extra special attention and TLC.


**note from Mel: I totally stole this photo from Facebook - hope that is cool! I get such a kick out of it. Look at the expression on Mocha's face!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update on Mocha, and thanks Mel for stealing the picture. I don't belong to facebook, so I've missed seeing Mocha growing up. She's such a goof!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me at http://twitter.com/PellMelanie

Now Reading (see bottom of page for completed and on deck titles)