Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lexy 10.27.09 RIP

My sweet little Lexy went to sleep tonight at around 5pm. She had multiple seizures (6 within 2 hours) and was in kidney failure. They brought her to me in the hospital and she looked at me and went to sleep. She opened her eyes once more when I told her goodbye and then drifted off peacefully. She was my companion when I had no one - she literally kept me alive during my darkest hours. I can't express how much I will miss her. I will never forget how soft her fur was and the feel of her curled up next to me. And I can still hear her harmonic purr - it was something to hear.

3 comments:

  1. Oh... {{{{Melanie}}}}

    I am so very sorry. It good that you were able to be with her in her final moments. I've no doubt, she was comforted by seeing you there and feeling your touch.

    She is at peace now. Try to take a little comfort in that thought. You will be with her again someday, she will wait for you.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((MELANIE))) Lexy has crossed the rainbow bridge, and is frolicking with her fur buddies. My heart reaches out to you in these sad times. There are no words to express how the loss of our furry companions affect us, it hurts and it will hurt for some time. Let it hurt, cry to help yourself heal, and remember the loving times you had with Lexy.

    sincerely,
    E

    ReplyDelete

Follow me at http://twitter.com/PellMelanie

Now Reading (see bottom of page for completed and on deck titles)